“Canciones con Paty” is designed to help Music Therapists enhance their Spanish repertoire so they can better serve Spanish-speaking clients and patients.
In this self-study mini course, you will:
- Master four new songs to add to your Spanish repertoire.
- Gain confidence with Spanish pronunciation.
- Increase cultural competency for working with Spanish-speaking populations.
- Discuss clinical applications of repertoire.
So, pick up your guitar and get ready to learn amazing songs and intervention ideas for your Spanish-speaking clients!
This course contains four modules. Each module includes a 1) Video Tutorial and 2) Downloadable Handouts.
In the video tutorials, Paty will cover:
- Songs in Spanish useful for different types of populations.
- Pronunciation tips for each song.
- Clinical approaches to implementing the song/resource.
Paty Sevener is a Music Therapist and Psychogerontologist from Madrid, Spain. She finished her Bachelor’s degree in Psychology in 2013. Next, she completed a Master’s degree in Psychogerontology in 2015. Finally, Paty completed her education with a Master’s degree in Music Therapy in 2016.
Not only is she bilingual, she is a dual citizen of both the United States and Spain thanks to her Spanish mother and American father.
Paty’s music therapy career began in a daycare center in Madrid specialized in older adults with dementia and brain damage. In 2018, she decided to continue her professional career overseas and moved to San Diego to start working at MusicWorx. Now, Paty is the Director of Gerontology at MusicWorx and works in the medical field with many Spanish-speaking clients and patients.
- Lectures 14
- Quizzes 0
- Duration 4 hours
- Skill level All levels
- Language Spanish
- Students 6
- Assessments Yes