For Interns, By Interns: Caring for Yourself During Internship
Get the preparation you need before YOUR #TransformationTuesday from student to music therapy intern. Develop the skills you need to survive and thrive during internship.
This course is designed by current interns to walk you through some of the challenges and “aha” moments that you may face during internship.
Through this course you will:
- Learn various self-care strategies.
- Develop an individualized self-care plan.
- Understand how secondary trauma and grief may impact you.
- Create an “Emergency Preparedness Plan.”
- Recognize signs of compassion fatigue and burnout.
- Practice self-awareness and advocating for your needs.
- Lectures 13
- Quizzes 4
- Skill level All levels
- Language English
- Students 28
- Certificate No
- Assessments Yes
Course Introduction: Caring for Yourself During Internship
Welcome to the first For Interns, By Interns course! These lessons will orient you to the goals of the course and how to navigate the site.
Self-Care: You CAN Do It!
Encountering Secondary Trauma and Grief
How to Prevent Burnout and Compassion Fatigue
Final "Exam" and Resources List