Music and Mindfulness: A Self-Care Bag of Tricks for Music Therapists and Clients
Want to improve your personal self-care and enhance your clinical intervention skills? Join this course and learn ways to integrate music and mindfulness in your daily routine and session plans.
CMTE Credits: 6 (for Board-Certified Music Therapists only)
This course is approved by the CBMT for 6 Continuing Music Therapy Education (CMTE) credits. MusicWorx Inc., #P-097, maintains responsibility for program quality and adherence to CBMT policies and criteria. View MusicWorx relationship to CBMT. >
As a result of this course, you will be able to:
- List and describe four real-life music therapy experiences in which the music therapist could implement music and mindfulness techniques to address client’s ability to use music independently for self-care (II.A.2.b.).
- Describe physiological processes of fight, flight, or freeze and relaxation responses and relate these to client and personal wellness (II.A.2.bd.).
- Identify five self-care goals and set a schedule for implementation (IV.A.1.).
- Practice mindfulness-based self-care exercises.
These learning objectives correspond with CBMT Board Certification Domains.
What comes with this course
This self-paced course includes video lectures, audio meditation guides, handouts, and quizzes. In addition, get support from course instructor Lindsay Zehren, MT-BC and connect with other students taking this course through the course forum.
Who is the target audience?
- Board-certified music therapists
- Music therapy students and interns
- Allied health care professionals
- Creative arts therapists
- Lectures 26
- Quizzes 0
- Duration 5 hours
- Skill level All levels
- Language English
- Students 27
- Certificate Yes
- Assessments Yes
Introduction to Self Care & Mindfulness
Tip #1: Become Aware
Tip #2: Let It All Go
Tip #3: Visualize Peace
Tip #4: Suggest Calm