Introduction to Self Care & Mindfulness 3
Tip #1: Become Aware 5
Tip #2: Let It All Go 4
Tip #3: Visualize Peace 5
Tip #4: Suggest Calm 5
Next Steps 4
Intro to the Course
Welcome to Music & Mindfulness:
A Self-Care Bag of Tricks for Music Therapists & Clients
Thank you for allowing me to join you on your self-care journey. I developed this course for music therapists to provide you with tips and tricks on how to integrate mindfulness into your personal life, and your professional practice. Even if you’re not a music therapist, this course will help you foster healthy self-care practices in your day-to-day life.
This course includes:
- Videos and powerpoint lectures
- Worksheet assignments and handouts
- Experiential self-care exercises
- Community forum
Once you complete all of the lessons in the course, you will be able to:
- List and describe four real-life music therapy experiences in which the music therapist could implement music and mindfulness techniques to address client’s ability to use music independently for self-care (II.A.2.b.).
- Describe physiological processes of fight, flight, or freeze and relaxation responses and relate these to client and personal wellness (II.A.2.bd.).
- Identify five self-care goals and set a schedule for implementation (IV.A.1.).
- Practice mindfulness-based self-care exercises.
These learning objectives correspond with CBMT Board Certification Domains.
How to use this course
This self-paced course will provide you with research-based information, self-care exercises, and tips for integrating these wellness interventions with your clients and patients.
There are five modules. Within each module, you will asked to complete lessons ranging from 5-45 minutes each. Lessons may include: 1) video lectures, 2) worksheet assignments, 3) video or audio mindfulness exercises, 4) community forum prompts, and 5) quizzes to check for your understanding. You will need to complete all the lessons and assignments in order to earn your CMTE credits. When you complete this course, you will immediately receive a digital certificate verifying your participation.ve
First things first. Before you begin, let’s practice fostering self-awareness. Download and complete this Self-Care Assessment. It is a tool for you to gauge where you are at in terms of managing stress and practicing self-care.