We know you have questions. Let us help!
Learn more about how The Hub can help you life a happier, healthier life. We are here to support you and make your experience convenient, easy, and valuable.
Virtual Music Therapy Conference
Board-Certified Music Therapists can over 30 Continuing Music Therapy Education (CMTE) Credits for attending conference. We are hosting 18 Webinar sessions, 9 Roundtable Discussions, and 3 CMTE Courses
Yes! Webinars and roundtables are not pre-approved CMTE courses, but you can still count them towards your credits.
You will need to count this under “Other Continuing Education Opportunities.” To get CMTE credits for this course you will need to keep the following in your records:
- Name of session, name of presenter
- Date & time completed
- Length of session & number of CMTE Credits (50 min = 1 credit)
- Complete a written summary on how the sessions relate to CBMT Domains of Certification.
Please see CBMT.org for more info.
- Purchase individual webinar sessions for $10 each.
- Purchase 5 individual webinar sessions, and get 15% off using the code 5CLASSBUNDLE.
- Purchase an All-Access Pass for $100, and get access to all 18 webinars for the rest of 2020.
Students & Interns get in FREE!
All roundtable sessions are free!
- Sign up for your All-Access Membership.
- Add the sessions you want to attend to your cart.
- Attend the sessions, and enjoy!
* A CMTE discount code will be emailed to your inbox upon registration.
** Students and interns must provide verification of enrollment to receive membership. Verification instructions will be emailed to you upon registration.
The Music Therapy & Wellness Hub provides online, self-study courses covering a variety of topics. We have three different learning programs: Music & Wellness, Music Therapy Continuing Education, and Training Programs.
- Our Music & Wellness courses are available to anyone with an account. Courses include self-care for caregivers, relaxation methods, programs for people with Parkinson’s disease, and more.
- Continuing Education courses are for music therapy professionals AND music therapy students who want to develop their skills. Topics include therapeutic skills, musicianship mastery, business and ethics, and self-care strategies
- The Hub’s Training Programs are intensive, specialized programs for music therapists who want to expand their practice. Participants will learn how to effectively implement our licensed programs such as AudAbility, Joy Givers, and Shine & Sing.
It’s easy! To register for a course, you first need to sign up for a free account. Next, you can view our course listings, and select the course you want to join. You will need to purchase the course, or start taking one of our free courses.
If you want to take one of our Training Programs to become an AudAbility, Joy Giver, or Shine & Sing Provider, you will first need to complete an application which will then be reviewed and approved by the MusicWorx review committee.
Each individual course costs differently, and cost is determined by 1) if it is a CMTE-approved course, 2) the content that is provided in the course, and 3) if it is a provider training course.
According to our continuing education policies and procedures, if you find a Music Therapy & Wellness Hub Course to be unsatisfactory, you may contact MusicWorx Inc. within 14 days of receipt to request a refund. Contact firstname.lastname@example.org for more information.
MusicWorx is both an American Music Therapy Association (AMTA)-compliant provider of music therapy services and an AMTA-approved clinical training site for degreed music therapists working toward national board certification. Based in San Diego, California, MusicWorx Inc. is a music therapy agency that serves a wide variety of individuals from age 0 to 106.
The Music Therapy & Wellness Hub is a product of MusicWorx Inc. (CBMT Approved Provider #P-097), aimed to make music therapy-based education and wellness resources available to people anywhere. MusicWorx’s mission is to create, nurture, and maintain an environment of growth and unlimited potential for those around us. MusicWorx created The Hub to be a catalyst for education, health, and healing. Learn more about MusicWorx.
You can become a member for FREE by signing up here. With your membership, you will get to access free resources and purchase online courses. When you register for an account with The Hub, you can register for one of three memberships: General Member, Student Member, and Professional Member.
With your Hub membership, you can get access to course offerings that are tailored to your needs. You can purchase courses, access resources, and join forums with other members. Memberships are currently free, and you’ll be able to join some free course offerings, or purchase courses.
There are three different types of memberships: General Membership, Student Membership, and Professional Membership.
- With your General Membership, get access to all courses related to Music & Wellness, AudAbility, caregiver solutions, and music skills for educators and allied health care professionals.
- With your Student Membership, access all music therapy-related continuing education at a discounted price, including specialized courses for music therapy students and interns.
- Join as a Professional Member, if you are a music therapist (MT-BC) and you want to access online, self-study continuing education courses (CMTE) and professional development resources.
Yes! We know $$ is difficult for students, so we have created a membership specifically for music therapy students and interns who are currently enrolled in a college/university program or an AMTA national roster and university-affiliated internships. Access all the same professional development/continuing education courses as the professional level, but at 50% off. PLUS access student and intern resources developed just for you.
Continuing Education Credits
Earn Continuing Music Therapy Education (CMTE) credits if you are currently a Board-Certified Music Therapist. After purchasing the CMTE course, complete the assignments as outlined in the Music Therapy & Wellness Hub Course module. You may complete the lessons at your own pace. There is no time limit for submitting assignments, however, you will not receive the CMTE credit until all paperwork is turned into MusicWorx.
You can access a digital copy of the course completion certificate immediately when you complete the course.
If you’re a music therapist, you can still take our continuing education courses even if you don’t put your credits towards recertification. You will complete all the same course content, but you won’t need to fill out any paperwork for CBMT.
Board-Certified Music Therapists can accrue continuing education credits to maintain their certification. In order to fulfill recertification requirements, the certificant must have completed all continuing education credits by the last day of the fifth year of the cycle. The Recertification Manual outlines all continuing education credits and required documentation.
Certificants may pursue recertification by accruing 100 recertification credits during the five-year recertification cycle. More>>
Select your PROFILE in the top righthand corner.
Once you’re on your profile, select the CERTIFICATES tab to view all your earned certificates.
Unfortunately, no. For now, continuing education credits are only available to Board-Certified Music Therapist who have an active standing with CBMT. You are still welcome to take courses even if you’re not board-certified (e.g. if you are a student, intern, or other allied healthcare professional) but you will not be able to earn credits for your professional certification organization.
You can earn all 100 CMTE credits required in your 5 year cycle right here! The number of CMTE credits that is offered with each course will be listed on the individual course description.